How to build confidence –
Confidence is feeling like you can rely on yourself.
If you’re confident, you feel:
- Secure in yourself
- Ready for challenges
- Like you can rely on yourself
- Satisfied, brave, and comfortable
If you’re confident, you’re more likely to:
- Reach your goals
- Try new things
- Aim high
- Try again when you fail
- Feel happy
Today we’re going to teach you how to build confidence in the following sections-
- Try new challenges
- Build experience
- Think positively about the past
- Look for barriers, and remove them!
These top tips can show you how to build confidence at work, school, with friends or even at home!
1. Try new challenges 💪
Trying new challenges is one of the best ways to build confidence!
Think about a situation where you have felt:
- Nervous 😨
- Uncertain 😓
Big or small – overcoming challenging situations helps you to practice being confident.
Imagine doing 50 really difficult exams every day. 🔁
Wouldn’t you feel more confident doing just 1 exam, after you’ve done 50 really hard exams already?
Practicing exams could help you to build confidence at school. 📈
- Start small 🤏 – overcoming a small challenge will give you a confidence boost. This will help you to overcome bigger and bigger challenges!
- Try again 🔁 – failure is a good thing, it means you’ve tried! Keep trying and you’ll get there.
- Focus on how you will feel afterwards! 🤩
|Before a challenge 😱||After a challenge 😎|
Over the moon!
Every time you find yourself thinking “I’m nervous”, or “I can’t do this”, remind yourself how brilliant it will feel after you overcome that challenge. ✨
Think about the times where you overcame a challenge and felt really proud. Your triumphs in the past are what you should focus on, when you’re struggling to feel confident. 🏆
2. Build experience 🏗️
Even if you don’t succeed the first time around, be proud of yourself for trying. The more times you do something (even if you fail), the more you’ll build confidence.
Did you know?
World famous author J.K Rowling was rejected 12 times before she got the Harry Potter books published. Imagine if she gave up after her first try!
Rejection and failure give you life experience, that helps you to build confidence.
If there’s something you want to be good at, you have to be comfortable with being bad at it to start off!
The more experience you get:
- the better you will get
- the more confident you’ll feel.
So if you ever find yourself thinking “I can’t do this” – think to yourself:
“I can’t do this right now, but:
- If I keep trying, I’ll get there
- I’m proud of myself for trying
- If I keep trying, I’ll become more confident“
3. Think positively about the past 🧠☀️
It can be very easy to be harsh on yourself when life doesn’t go your way. 🥴
If something goes wrong – you failed an exam, you embarrassed yourself, you upset someone.
Try not to feel negative about these things! 🌟
Feeling negative about the past can:
- eat away at your confidence 🍴
- prevent you from trying again 🔁
- make it difficult to move on 🛣️
If you can change your mindset to feel positive about the past, it can help you to feel more confident for the future.
Everyone fails, everyone has embarrassing moments. These help us to learn and grow, and get better at things. 🌱
4. Look for barriers, and remove them! 👀
To become more confident, it’s important to be aware of situations that don’t make you feel confident. 😔
This could be things like:
- People in your life that make you feel less confident 👎
- Reading too much news, making you feel scared/unsure 📖
- Following people online that make you feel bad about yourself 📱
Write a list of barriers to your confidence, and think about how you can solve it!
Hopefully our tips above have helped show you how to build confidence!
Remember, you can build confidence by:
- Trying new challenges
- Building experience
- Thinking positively about the past
- Looking for barriers, and removing them!
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “How to build confidence”⬇️
How to build your personal brand 😎
How to develop a growth mindset 🪴
What am I good at? 25 valuable skills 🤩
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉