What is a CV (Curriculum Vitae)? –
What we're covering..
A CV is a written summary of your work experience, skills, and education.
“Curriciulum Vitae” is a latin word which means “course of life”.
CVs are most commonly used to help people to get jobs.
Employers will ask you for a copy of your CV, so that they can learn about you and consider how suitable you are for a job.
Employers often see hundreds of CVs on a regular basis. Making sure that your CV stands out is very important!
How are CVs structured? 🏗️
Your CV can be structured any way that you want, but should generally include things like:
- Contact details – e.g. your name, phone number, address, email address 📨
- Personal statement – a brief summary of who you are, what you’re looking for 👋
- Knowledge and skills – you should tailor this section to fit the job you’re looking for! 🧠
- Work experience – put your most recent experience at the top. This could include things like volunteering jobs if you do not have experience 💼
- Education/qualifications – put your most recent at the top! 🎓
- Key achievements – what are the most impressive things you’ve achieved that an employer will be interested in? 🏅
- Interests/hobbies – include this section if you’ve got any hobbies or interests that relate to the job that you’re applying for 📚
So that’s it!
Hopefully you’re feeling more confident about understanding what a CV is, and what they look like.
If you know any friends or family members who might benefit from learning about CVs, share this post with them!
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “What is a CV (Curriculum Vitae)?” ⬇️
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉