At The Grown-Up School, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for your organisation to make a real difference for local schools in Wales.
Let’s work together to support students, teachers, and communities. 🚀
How it works ⚙️
1. Schools Request Workshops 📆
On our “Sponsor a School Workshop” page, you’ll discover a list of workshop dates requested by local schools. These schools usually can’t cover the costs themselves and are looking for an organizational sponsor – hopefully, that’s you!
2. Behind-the-scenes matchmaking 🔗
We believe that every school and every student deserves a chance to benefit from life skills workshops.
Using the Ticket Tailor platform, we aim to find a perfect match for each school.
3. Funding for schools 💷
Businesses can pay for the workshops instantly via Ticket Tailor.
Once a business decides to fund a workshop, we’ll notify the school that they have been successfully matched.
4. Business volunteers 🙋♀️
As part of supporting your sponsor school, businesses may select up to 6 employees to volunteer during the sessions.
Our content is designed to make the most of volunteers, without them needing to spend time preparing content. All we need is their enthusiasm, openness to share stories, and participation to inspire students.
Whilst your volunteers aren’t DBS checked, they’ll always be accompanied by a certified facilitator from The Grown-Up School with an enhanced DBS check.
All volunteers must read and agree to comply with our volunteer guidance briefing, covering essential guidelines like safeguarding and the importance of respecting students’ privacy (no photography allowed).
6. Volunteer Q&As 🎤
Each workshop will kick off with a short Q&A session, allowing students to learn from business volunteers about their careers and experiences. It’s a chance for students to connect real-world knowledge with classroom learning.
7. If we can’t find funding 💳
If, 3 weeks before the workshop date, we haven’t secured funding, we’ll regretfully have to cancel the workshop for the schools.
We’d love it if you’d consider sponsoring workshops that are coming up soon, to ensure that the schools don’t miss out on them.
Benefits for your organisation 🌟
- Volunteering opportunities: Connect to easily accessible, high impact volunteering opportunities in schools for your colleagues. Colleagues can focus on engaging with students without delivery pressure.
- No content development requirements: You can help deliver award-winning, impactful educational content, developed by experts and innovators in the educational sector. Our content is designed to make the most of volunteers, without them needing to spend time preparing content. All we need is their enthusiasm and participation to inspire students.
- Flexibilty: We’ve done the hard bit of building up school relationships, and finding out their availability, to create a programme that meets your organisation’s availability. Simply check our available workshop dates, and book your organisation in!
- Ready-made programme: The Grown-Up School workshops programme is proven to work for schools. As we all know schools are under pressure from budget constraints and resource difficulties, all of which make it very difficult for them to build and maintain business relationships. We do the hard work, and make business engagement easy for schools.
- Brand awareness: Bring your brand directly to communities, helping to support them with closing skills gaps, and overcoming budgeting struggles amidst the cost of living crisis.
- PR and press coverage opportunities: We are proud to work with ‘Cause Collective, a PR and impact agency dedicated to good causes. Sponsorship opportunities such as these workshops create opportunities to earn PR and press coverage, due to the support you are giving to Welsh communities, creating new customer opportunities.
- Lower cost, higher impact: The Grown-Up School is proud to be an efficient and cost-effective education programme, where you can deliver higher impact at a lower cost. Our work successfully competes with the impact delivered through multi-million pound investments from financial institutions.
Benefits for students 👩🎓
- Gain skills: Students gain hands-on, practical financial and life skills.
- Meet role models: Students are given the opportunity to meet professional role models within your organisation’s network.
- Explore career paths: Students are able to explore various career paths and understand the financial implications of different professions.
- Have fun: Students can engage in a high-energy, entertaining, and memorable learning experience like no other.
- Independent living: Students can receive valuable insights into the costs associated with independent living, helping to prepare them for the future.
- Personal finance: Students can learn strategies to avoid common financial pitfalls/mistakes to make informed choices regarding personal finance.
Benefits for schools/teachers 👩🏫
- Curriculum enhancement: These workshops align with PSHE curriculums, and include many different topics schools usually aim to cover.
- Support during exam season: We provide enriching activities provided to support non-exam students during exam season, where school resources might be more stretched and non-exam students might receive less support.
- Careers Education: Our workshop programmes strongly align with the Gatsby Benchmarks for world-class careers education, including engagement with employers, role models for students, and career-focused themes.
- Everything provided in one session: We provide everything for teachers in advance so that there is no teacher preparation, printing, resource creation needed. This makes our workshops easy to book and engage with for teachers.
- Giving teachers a break: Teaching staff are given up to 5 hours of relief from lesson delivery each workshop day. We even document and provide full skills development and lesson outcomes for teachers to save them time!