What we're covering..
Without question, teaching young people about career options is extremely important.
Studies from CBI have shown that almost half (49%) of young people believe that their education has not prepared them for the world of work.
However, if you’re teaching, it’s difficult to find the time to do all the research, so you can teach it!
Save yourself time by using our free careers worksheets to teach your learners about careers!
- Start with the basics 🪜
- Include colourful puzzles and games 🧠
- Explain careers in a simple and entertaining way 🤹♀️
These worksheets can be used to:
- check learners’ understanding of careers 🧠
- introduce the topic of careers 👋
- check learners’ familiarity with different career paths ✅
- facilitate group discussions about careers 💬
Lesson Objectives 🏆
By the end of this lesson, learners will:
- Explore personal attitudes, money goals, lifestyle preferences, skills, and interests to identify a career that aligns with their individual traits and goals.
- Explore and research various job opportunities to inspire and clarify future career aspirations.
- Understand that career paths are often non-linear, requiring planning and perseverance to reach dream job goals.
Learner Record Notes✍️
Once you’ve completed these worksheets you can add these notes to your records for your learners:
Today we completed worksheets about career journeys, where learners explored potential careers for their future.
This activity supported the development of the following skills:
- Literacy – learners read through the worksheets independently, and were introduced to new vocabulary.
- Problem solving – learners used problem solving skills to complete the different challenges on each worksheet.
- Decision making – learners made decisions about their potential future careers using the worksheet.
- Self awareness – learners reflected on their lifestyle preferences, personality, interests, and skills in order to find a career path that would suit them.
- Research – learners used different sources to research potential future careers.
- Communication skills – these worksheets facilitated group discussions about careers for learners.
- Planning – learners created a step-by-step plan to reach their dream career.
- Improving own learning and performance – learners developed their confidence assessing their own understanding of a topic.
Career worksheets: Your Career Journey 🛣️
Worksheet Description 📄
Sheet 1 – Career Feelings 💖
Learners are asked to write down how they feel about getting a job.
This sheet aims to help learners explore how they feel about job, which can impact the way they manage their career.
Sheet 2 – Money Goals 🏆
Learners are asked to write down 5 money goals.
Understanding your money goals is a great tool to help learners consider their career goals. This sheet aims to find out what their money goals are, to engage them with the careers activity.
Sheet 3 – What jobs do you know? 🕵️♀️
Learners draw on the character to represent different jobs. The worksheet helps learners to explore what career paths they already know about, and the different identities associated with them.
Sheet 4 – Self-employment vs Employment 👩💼
The worksheet explains the difference between self-employment and employment. Learners are asked to draw the character to demonstrate examples of employment and self-employment.
Sheet 5 – Researching jobs 🔍
Learners are asked to complete research tasks, to help inspire ideas for their dream jobs. They are asked to explore jobs that they’ve seen online, jobs available in their area, people they know with cool jobs, people who inspire them, and people they can speak to for career advice.
Sheet 6 – Lifestyle goals 🏆
Learners are asked to explore their lifestyle goals to ensure that their future career matches their lifestyle interests.
Sheet 7 – Interests 🎨
Learners are asked to explore their interests to ensure that their future career aligns with things that they’re interested in.
Sheet 8 – Skills 🤹♀️
Learners are asked to explore their skills to ensure that their future career aligns with things that they’re good at.
Sheet 9 – Personality 🎭
Learners are asked to explore their personality traits to ensure that their future career aligns with their personality.
Sheet 10 – About you 🪞
Learners are asked to summarize their lifestyle, interests, personality, and skills to help them find their dream job.
Sheet 11 – Job title evaluation 🤔
Learners are asked to assess a list of job titles, and circle ones that they might be interested in.
Sheet 12 – Job ideas 💭
Learners are asked to write down ideas for different dream jobs.
Sheet 13 – The path to your dream job 🛣️
This worksheet explains that career journeys are not always straightforward. Learners draw a line to help the character through a maze to reach their dream job.
Sheet 14 – Planning out each step 🪜
Learners are asked to plan out each step they need to take to reach their dream job ideas, including qualifications, work experience, and people they can ask for help.
Similar worksheets to “Career worksheets: Your Career Journey 🛣️” ⬇️
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉