Job interview hack: talk about company values –
What we're covering..
Today we’re going to teach you a job interview hack that can help you to:
Job interviews can be really stressful. 😓
What kind of person do they want you to be? 🤷♀️
What do they want you to say, when they ask difficult questions like “Tell me about yourself“?
or “Why are you a good fit for this position?”
The most stressful part of job interviews is trying to predict what they want from you.
Wouldn’t it be great if they just told you what they want?
***job hack alert***
Did you know that employers actually write a wish list for their PERFECT candidate, and publish it on their website?
Even huge companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Google do this. 👌
This wish list of their “ideal person”, is called “company values“.
Almost any organisation that you might want to work for does this.
What are company values? 💖
Company values are a list of what the company cares about.
They use this list to help them to decide:
- Who they are
- What they want employees to be like
- How they want to make decisions
- What they want their customers to think about them
What do companies care about? 🤷♀️
Let’s use Netflix as an example. 📺
Their “company values” are listed here – https://jobs.netflix.com/culture
According to the Netflix website, they want employees that are good at:
- Being curious
- Being passionate
- Being selfless
- Having integrity
- Making an impact
- Including others
So, talk about these in your interview!
“Why are you a good fit for this position?” 🎤
- really fit in with the company values! 💖
- have skills/experience that would be valuable for them (and ideally meet the job description) ⚒️
“Tell me about yourself.” 🎤
“I’m a passionate person, who cares about bringing innovation to my place of work, and having an impact.” ✨
By researching company values, you can:
- build perfect answers to interview questions, based exactly on what they’re looking for.
- feel confident that you know what they want!
So , the next time you’re preparing for a job interview, why not:
- Research the company values
- Talk about how you’ve got them
- Show the employer that you care about their values
Just remember to be as genuine as possible, talk about the the company values that you really feel you can meet!
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “Job interview hack: talk about company values” ⬇️
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉