20 ways to practice gratitude –
Did you know that being grateful, can actually make you feel more positive?
Psychological studies have shown that grateful people:
- Experience more positive emotions
- Experience fewer negative emotions such as depression, anxiety, and envy
- Are more satisfied with life
Even some celebrities attribute their success to practicing gratitude!
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
Check out our 20 ways to practice gratitude below!
How to practice gratitude 🙏
1. Start a gratitude journal 📖
Write down things you’re grateful for every day!
2. Think about the people you love, and why you appreciate them. Then tell them! 💬💖
3. Spend quality time with the people you care about ⌚
4. Enjoy the positive little things around you ☀️
Stop to smell the flowers, enjoy the sunshine, or savour a tasty meal!
5. Take time to rest 🛌
It can be difficult to appreciate things when you’re always on the go, so take some time to rest.
6. Thank people for the little things they do for you 🙏
7. Volunteer to help people or animals in need 🐕🧓
The experience will make you grateful for what you have!
8. Spend more time with other people and learn about their problems 🤗
You’ll often find that you’d prefer to deal with your own problems, than somebody elses!
9. Try and do one kind thing for someone every day ✨
10. Surprise someone you love with something special 🎉
11. Spend some time away from home 🏕️
This can help you to feel more grateful for where you live.
12. Smile to people more – a lot of the time they’ll smile back! 😃
13. Avoid following people on social media who make you feel bad about your life or your appearance 📱🤳
14. Take a break from your phone 📵💤
Use the opportunity to appreciate other things, and you’ll be grateful to have it back!
15. Set an alarm every day to remind you to think of things that you’re grateful for 🔔💞
16. Spend more time in nature, appreciating the world around you 🏞️
17. Reflect on the difficult parts of your life, and how they’ve helped you get to where you are today 💪💭
18. Help someone else to achieve a goal 🪜🏅
19. Give someone a compliment! 💞
So that’s it! There are 20 ways to practice gratitude.
Which ways will you be trying out?
Remember, practicing gratitude is different for everyone – some of these ideas might sound rubbish for you – and that’s okay! Focus on what makes you feel relaxed, happy, and healthy.
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “20 ways to practice gratitude” ⬇️
How to use social media without hurting your mental health 🩹
What am I good at? 25 valuable skills
10 ways to be less hard on yourself 💖
133 ways to make someone feel special 💖
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉