73 self-care ideas –
Feeling stressed? Sad? Tired? Burned out?
Maybe you need to give yourself some self-care. Often those feelings can be a result of forgetting to look after yourself in such a fast-paced world.
Taking time to improve your self-care can help you to feel:
- Happier at work
- Ready to help and care for others
Self-care is giving the world the best of you, rather than the rest of you.
Check out our self-care ideas below!
- Getting out of the house – 11 ideas
- Getting creative – 20 ideas
- Chilling out – 12 ideas
- Quality time – 12 ideas
- Look after your body – 5 ideas
- Taking control – 9 ideas
- Getting help – 4 ideas
Getting out of the house 🏡
- Surround yourself with nature – go for a walk, or find somewhere nice to sit down 🌲
- Exercise – hiking, running, gym, pilates, yoga, rollerskating, swimming, team sports, dancing, ice skating, weight lifting
- Go on an adventure or day trip 🏞️
- Try a new coffee shop or restaurant
- Visit a park ⛲
- Visit an art gallery or museum
- Pampering appointment – hair cut, facial, nail care, massage, aromatherapy
- Ask friends/family to go out
- Join an in-person club or class – cooking class, exercise class, language class, flower arranging 👩🍳
- Volunteer for a charity or community project
- Do some gardening
Getting creative 🎨
- Write a song
- Start a project – fix an old car, upcycle furniture
- Write a poem ✍️
- Write a book
- Make/build something!
- Write a journal 📔
- Mind map your life goals
- Research your interests online 💻
- Write a letter to your friend
- Try a new hobby – hiking, cooking, knitting, pottery, singing, theatre class, hula hooping, making candles, baking
- Try a food/meal you haven’t had before 🍽️
- Make some art or get a colouring book
- Get some seeds, try growing a plant! 🌱
- Decorate your living space
- Play an instrument 🎺
- Do some DIY
- Start a side hustle – turn your hobby into a way to make money
- Learn a new skill
- Take some cool photos 📸
- Make a “Wall of Wins” – What is a “Wall of Wins”? 🧱
Chilling out 😴
- Take a relaxing bath/shower 🛀
- Listen to music
- Meditation 🧘
- Stretches and yoga
- Read a book 📖
- Watch your favourite film/TV show, or try something new
- Breathing exercises
- Drink a soothing warm drink 🫖
- Pet or care for an animal
- Play a video game 🎮
- Sit in the sunshine ☀️
- Have a “digital detox” for a day
Quality time ⌚
- Organise a friends/family event
- BBQ! 🍳
- Go on a group adventure 🏞️
- Set up a romantic date 🕯️
- Reach out to a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Pay someone a compliment
- Invite friends over
- Get a hug 🤗
- Help someone you care about with something
- Make someone smile 😃
- Give someone a surprise gift 🎁
- Plan out your social events for the next year!
Look after your body 💃🕺
- Drink water
- Try making a healthy meal
- Dress up!
- Get a good night of sleep
- Pamper yourself
Taking control 💪😎
- Tidy your living space 🛋️
- Organise your finances 💸
- Make a “To Do” list 📃
- Get some of your “To Do” list crossed off
- Achieve a small goal 🏅
- Organise your calendar 📆
- Make a plan to end a bad habit
- Make a plan to start a good habit
- Organise your belongings – have a clear out 🗑️
Getting help 👩⚕️
- Talk to a professional – your doctor or therapist, a wellbeing charity
- Talk to your friends/family/loved ones 💞
- Try out a wellbeing app 📱
- Talk to your teachers or employer 🧑🏫
So that’s it!
Which self-care ideas will you be trying out?
Remember, self-care is different for everyone – some of these ideas might sound rubbish for you – and that’s okay!
Focus on what makes you feel relaxed, happy, and healthy.
Hopefully you’re feeling more confident about how you can practice self-care.
If you know any friends or family members who might benefit from learning about self-care, share this post with them!
Similar articles to “73 self-care ideas” ⬇️
4 money myths you shouldn’t believe 🦄
Why you should save for retirement when you’re really young 🧓
8 reasons to start saving money now 🐷
Is borrowing money a bad thing? 🤷♀️
8 bad money habits you should break💰
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉