How to stay positive –
Difficult situations are a huge part of day-to-day life, and it can be harder to get through them if you struggle to stay positive.
Staying positive can help you to:
- Feel more confident
- Have great friendships
- Feel included
- Encourage others
- Overcome challenges
- Stay calm
- Cope with work, school, and home life
Here are 6 steps to staying positive!
- Focus on self-care
- Celebrate small successes
- Review your achievements
- Aim for success
- Practice gratitude
- Build confidence
1. Focus on self-care 🛀
Whether something bad has happened, or if you’re just feeling a bit down, looking after yourself is a priority.
We’ve put together a list of 73 self-care ideas, for you to consider!
The list includes things like:
- Getting out of the house
- Getting creative
- Chilling out
- Quality time
- Look after your body
- Taking control
- Getting help
Looking after your wellbeing makes it a lot easier to stay positive. A positive body, and a positive mindset, can make you a positive person.
2. Celebrate small successes 🏅
- getting up on time
- getting some work done
- eating something healthy
– small successes are worth celebrating!
Even when situations feel difficult, there are always small successes that you can celebrate.
Think about the little things that you’ve achieved today, and celebrate them.
Feeling positive about the things you’ve achieved can help you to achieve more, and feel even more positive!
3. Review your achievements 📃
Ever heard of a “Wall of Wins”?
A “wall of wins” is a way for you to celebrate your successes.
They’re really simple to make – just write down all of your wins! (achievements)
A “wall of wins” can help you to:
- Talk about your successes in job interviews
- Cheer up when you’re having a bad day
- Motivate yourself when you’re feeling low
- Feel confident
- Remember the cool things you’ve done
Reminding yourself of the positive impact you’ve had on the world, can help you to feel more positive about difficult situations.
4. Aim for success 🎯
So you’ve reviewed your achievements from your “Wall of Wins”, and by now should be feeling *amazing* about how great you are.
You’ve shown that you’re capable of success – next, you should focus on how you can succeed again in the difficult situation you’re facing.
Imagine the best case scenario for the situation you’re in. Work out how you could get there. Concentrate on how great it’ll feel to succeed in such a difficult situation.
Reminding yourself that success is possible, and focusing on how to succeed can help you to feel more positive about the situation.
5. Practice gratitude 🙏
Putting time and effort into being grateful, can actually make you feel more positive.
Psychological studies have shown that grateful people:
- Experience more positive emotions
- Experience fewer negative emotions such as depression, anxiety, and envy
- Are more satisfied with life
Even some celebrities attribute their success to practicing gratitude!
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
We’ve put together a list of 20 ways to practice gratitude, for you to consider!
The list includes things like:
- Start a gratitude journal – write down things you’re grateful for every day
- Think about the people you love, and why you appreciate them. Then tell them!
- Spend quality time with the people you care about
- Enjoy the positive little things around you – stop to smell the flowers, enjoy the sunshine, or savour a tasty meal
6. Build confidence 💃🕺
If you feel confident about overcoming difficult situations, it can help you to feel more positive about being in difficult situations.
We’ve put together 3 steps to show you how to build confidence.
The 3 steps to building confidence are:
- Overcome challenges – practice overcoming situations where you feel nervous or uncomfortable
- Build experience – the more situations you experience, the more confident you’ll feel
- Think positively about the past – feeling positive about the past, can help you to feel more confident in the future
Learn about how to build confidence in our article here.
So that’s it!
Which ways to stay positive will you be trying out?
Remember, finding ways to stay positive is different for everyone – some of these ideas might sound rubbish for you – and that’s okay! Focus on what makes you feel relaxed, happy, and healthy.
Finally, remember to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “How to stay positive” ⬇️
4 money myths you shouldn’t believe 🦄
Why you should save for retirement when you’re really young 🧓
8 reasons to start saving money now 🐷
Is borrowing money a bad thing? 🤷♀️
8 bad money habits you should break💰
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉