How to be more adaptable –
Do you cope well when things change? 😎
Change can be scary and difficult to cope with. Sometimes change is in our control, but most of the time it isn’t. Learning to adapt well to changes in life can help to reduce your stress, and also make you more valuable to an employer.
Why adaptability is important 👈
1. Workplaces are constantly changing 🏢
Thanks to new technology, workplace settings change quickly and frequently. This means that it is increasingly important for employees to be adaptable.
Things that can change for you at work include:
- Your working hours becoming more flexible and changing
- Who you work for – you could find yourself working for multiple employers at once as a contractor or freelancer
- Where you work – you could be asked to work at home, a different location, or even shared offices
- The technology you work with – you could be asked to work with new computers, software
- Your job role – you might be asked to take on different responsibilities or roles at work
- People that you work with – people are constantly changing their jobs, moving to different teams, it is important to be able to work with lots of different people!
2. Improving your personal life 💖
Being an adaptable person can make you:
- A better friend and family member
- A better communicator
People prefer being communicated with in different ways. If you can adapt the way that you speak to others, it is easier to build positive relationships.
- More resilient
Life can throw lots of difficult challenges your way, adapting to them can help you to thrive and be resilient in difficult situations.
What do adaptable people look like? 😎
An adaptable person:
- Tries new things
- Looks for opportunities to grow and change things
- Is resourceful
- Thinks ahead – what changes might happen in the future? How can you be prepared for them?
- Thinks and speak positively – changes can be difficult, being positive makes it easier
- Is curious and open-minded
So that’s it!
Here are our main tips to become more adaptable:
How to be more adaptable
- Keep an open mind
- See mistakes as an opportunity to learn
- Embrace learning
- Expect change to happen
- Stay positive!
Hopefully you’re feeling more confident about becoming more adaptable.
If you know any friends or family members who might benefit from learning about being adaptable, share this post with them!
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “How to be more adaptable” ⬇️
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉