100+ really cheap days out –
What we're covering..
It can be difficult to think of days out, especially when you’re on a budget!
We’ve done the hard work for you, by putting together a list of “100+ really cheap days out“!
Outdoors – 68 ideas
Indoors – 33 ideas
- Foraging/fruit picking – maybe bake a cake with the fruit you’ve collected!
- Hiking – local waterfalls, parks, beaches, lakes
- Wildlife drawing 📝
- Rock collecting
- Take a book outside with you, and find somewhere nice to read it! 📖
- Take “cuttings” of plants in your local area, then try to grow them at home!
- Cook on a campfire 🔥
- Make a “fairy garden” with rocks and flowers
- Go to the local dog park to watch the dogs!
- Photography day – go on an adventure and take photos
- Go “nature bombing” – buy a cheap packet of flower seeds, then hunt for places to plant them across the neighbourhood!
- Go bicycle riding 🚲
- Play frisbee
- BBQ on the beach!
- Watch local rowing/boat races
- Help out at your community garden 👩🌾
- Go running with a running club
- Search online for “free walking tours” for your area
- Play “Pooh sticks” – throw sticks in a river and watch them race to the finish line!
- Create some “wild art” from sticks and flowers at your local park
- Offer to paint people’s walls/fences for them
- Go sunrise/sunset hunting – find the most beautiful spot to watch the sunrise/sunset
- Make a kite – then fly it!
- Write cute notes/draw little pictures and give them out to people in your community to brighten their day!
- Make your own waterslide
- Hang out at your local park 🏞️
- Go caroling to raise money for charity
- Support your local schools at their sports matches!
- Treasure hunting 🏴☠️
- Do outdoor meditation or yoga
- Go aeroplane/car/bus/train spotting!
- Go river paddling – find safe local rivers to go paddling in
- “Pick your own” vegetable farms
- Build a den! 🏕️
- Ask a friend to give you a tour of their neighbourhood
- Litter picking – helping your community can make you happier
- Do some gardening!
- Have a group “sleep out” to raise money for the homeless
- Go cloud watching! Did you know that there are different types of cloud, with different names?
- Make a “wildlife house” for insects out of sticks
- Make your own mini golf game using leftover packaging, or wood from outside!
- Star gazing!
- Offer to help with dog walking – check out the website Borrow My Doggy!
- Go puddle hunting – throw on your wellies and find some big puddles to jump in!
- Play “adventure bingo” – make a list of things you want to find on an adventure, first person who spots them all wins!
- Go to the local skatepark to watch skateboarders do tricks!
- Wild swimming – check out your local beach or lakes (where it’s safe)
- Act out a play/dance performance in the park!
- Go cave exploring
- Paint rocks and hide them around your area to brighten people’s days
- Make a nature diary – go for a walk and write down what you see!
- Go insect, bird, or wildlife spotting!
- Make a crown out of flowers and sticks from your local park
- Go rock skimming – find smooth small rocks and try to throw them to make them bounce off water!
- Set up a local dog walking group 🐶
- Outdoor film nights with a cheap projector
- Make a swing
- Build sandcastles at your local beach
- Car boot sale
- Street party! 🥳
- Play football
- Look for cheap boat rides nearby
- Feed the wildlife – buy some cheap animal food, then find local birds/animals to feed
- Find hills to roll or sled down (make sure you do this safely of course!)
- Go tree climbing!
- Visit a free outdoor gym 💪
- Go to the library – they offer free books to read, and often set up clubs and activity days!
- Look for free TV show recording tickets 📺
- Free sports days/events – sometimes local sports centres offer free family days for things like tennis and swimming
- Look for free plays/acting performances in your local area
- Volunteer as staff at entertainment performances/events in exchange for free tickets!
- Go to a friends’ house 🏘️
- Get a big group together to take advantage of “group booking” discounts at restaurants
- Free comedy nights/talent shows at your local pub
- Find independent coffee shops to visit in your area
- Volunteer at your local homeless shelter or soup kitchen
- Art galleries 🎨
- Play pool/snooker at a local pub
- Check out the small businesses in your area
- Look for “indoor gardens” to visit
- Try out speed dating
- Join a book reading club 📖
- Trampoline parks
- Indoor rock climbing
- Arrange a “potluck” dinner with friends where everyone cooks!
- Volunteer at an animal rescue
- Free book reading performances for children – check your local leisure centres and libraries!
- Castles/historical tours 🏰
- Buy a cheap return bus ticket, see where it takes you!
- Go to indoor shopping centres to do drawing
- Find free board game events at your local game shops!
- Quiz nights at your local coffee shop, restaurant or bar
- Bowling 🎳
- Offer to go shopping for your neighbours/elderly
- Support local musicians by going to their free gigs
- Bring gifts/treats/activities to nursing homes
- Collect food/volunteer for your local food bank 💞
So that’s it!
Here are 100+ really cheap days out for you to try.
Take a look to see which ones you’d like to do! Finding cheap days out can be fantastic for both your budget and your wellbeing.
Why not share this list with friends/family, to choose activities to do together?
Finally, don’t forget to check out our similar articles below!
Similar articles to “100+ really cheap days out” ⬇️
for free daily Grown-Up lessons 🙌🎉